|Real name||Charles William Roberts|
|Date of birth||May 11, 1953|
|Place of birth||Knoxville, TN|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Billed from||Knoxville, TN|
Chuck Roberts (born Charles William Roberts on May 11, 1953), is an American professional wrestling announcer currently working for the WNWA.
Roberts attended the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and graduated with a degree in journalism in 1973. He worked as a sports analyst for a Knoxville radio station for 14 years. Roberts then started calling wrestling matches for local promotions in Tennessee, Virginia, and the Carolinas. In 1997 he started working for the WNWA as a play by play announcer on their b-show. In 2000 he was promoted to the position of lead play by play announcer, working opposite color commentator Butch Williams. Both men continue in those positions today.
Personal Life and views
- Roberts is married with one child.
- Roberts tends to favor faces.
- Roberts loves Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine.
- Roberts is a big fan of football, particularly the University of Tennessee Volunteers (where he graduated) and the Tennessee Titans.
- Roberts' catchphrase is anything involving the word "damn."