Nicholas Oliver "Nick" Branson (born on March 12, 1979 in Raleigh, North Carolina) is an American professional wrestler.
Nick was born in Raleigh, North Carolina to parents Eric and Susan Branson. He is the second of four children -- his siblings being Jennifer, Emery (nicknamed Eric or Eric Jr.), and Gavin.
He attended Ravenscroft School for all of his years, serving as the Student Body President and receiving sports honors and a scholarship to the University of North Carolina. He, however, chose not to attend college and instead traveled to Springfield, Massachusetts to begin training.
After graduating from Hammer Headquarters (Chandler Evers's father's training grounds), Branson made his debut in Ultimate Pro Wrestling at age 21 under the ring name Oliver Twisted. From there, on four separate occasions, he's won their Heavyweight Championship, and then moved on to National Wrestling League. He won their Heavyweight Championship once, and soon after was recruited into Chandler Evers's Brat Pack.
Southern Championship Wrestling
After exiting NWL, Nick traveled to Nashville, Tennessee, to compete under his real name for their Heavyweight Championship. The champion at the time, Andrew Carter, was not a fan of Branson's, and vice versa. The two grew an anticipated feud for the championship, which culminated on August 16, 2004 when both men pinned each other after a superplex. They were declared co-champions until Carter defeated Nick and another opponent on November 15th.
Championship Wrestling Federation
In September 2007, Nick Branson joined his first professional company, known as Championship Wrestling Federation, under his real name. From there he was kicked into his first match against the likes of David Knight, Chad Alexander, and Jerry Simpson whom he had an increasingly entertaining feud with for the majority of the time before Redemption, where they (along with Knight and Alexander) would compete.
The week after, another feud emerged between relative newcomer Jordan Daniels and Branson in order to first and foremost declare who would advance in an over-the-top Battle Royal at the pay-per-view, which was eventually won by Punisher. The Redemption after, Branson and Daniels fought in a singles match, Branson being the winner. This was most likely one of the most competitive feuds at the time in the company because of the two competitors' lack of respect toward one another.
Also during his tenure, an off-screen "feud" formed between Branson and Nate Rupe, one that escalated when Rupe returned to action a few weeks later, challenging Branson to a hardcore match at the upcoming pay-per-view. Nick accepted, and was unsuccessful. The following night, he competed against Rupe's apparent ally, Jake Benson, and also lost. The next day, Branson left CWF to pursue a career in another company, releasing this statement to his fans as well:
- "Many people assume that the only reason I'm leaving is because my flawless record here [in Championship Wrestling Federation] has been tarnished not only by Punisher, but also by Nate Whatever and Jake Benson. There is a small part of me that exclaims that reason is true, but on the whole, it couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm tired of CWF. It's grown off of me, the people have grown off of me, and I can't just stay exclusive to one company for the rest of my life. It doesn't work out that way. So thank you to those that chose to support me through my time, and maybe I'll come back when the dust is settled. But for now, peace."
Total Xtreme Wrestling
On October 7, 2007, Branson debuted in Total Xtreme Wrestling in the form of an interview conducted by himself with himself as guest. This caught the eye of one Whysper (along with his fiancée Angelina Santana), which led to the two becoming tag team partners. They've yet to actually team up in a match.
A couple of days past his first appearance, Branson returned the open challenge of one Jay Rexus, and on the following episode of Dark Oasis, the two squared off in an Extreme Rules match as the main event. Branson ultimately won this match, and has placed on record that he is currently undefeated, hoping that "this won't be a repeat performance of CWF."
Nick teamed with his brother, who's gone under his nickname of Eric. Together, the two had a 0-1 record after losing to the tag team NWA (Josh Nightingale and Jason White), and disbanded once Nick left TXW.
Ultimate Pro Wrestling
Branson rejoined UPW in late August of 2009, being placed upon debut in a battle royal to determine the new UPW Heavyweight Champion. He did not succeed, losing to new-age rival and SWA foe Drew Stevenson, which sparked a feud between the two. The feud possibly culminated at the Hostile Takeover PPV, where Drew once again defeated Branson for the championship. The company slowed down and eventually Nick left the company.
- Finishing Moves
- Signature and Common Moves
- A Bitch Ain't One...Hit Me (Dancing taunt, followed by a knee drop)
- Twisted / T.T.G. (To The G (Guerrero)) (Slingshot senton)
- Running Clothesline
- Vertical Suplex
- Open-hand Punches
- Running Knee Strike
- Running STO
- Foot Choke (stands on opponent's throat while distracting the referee)
- Gutbuster / Gutbuster Drop
- Dragon Sleeper
- Kick to the jaw
- Inverted DDT
- Cross-arm Choke
- Divorce Court
- Backbreaker into submission
- Swinging Neckbreaker
- Body Slam
- Running Clothesline
- Sidewalk Slam
- Birdie on the Perch (sits on the top turnbuckle before hitting an aerial move)
- Flying Crossbody
- Double Axe Handle
- Flying Shoulderblock
- Leg Drop
- Running kick to the face
- Lou Thesz Press with punches
- Splashes (at corner)
- "The All-American Bad Boy"
- "Mr. I-Am-Better-Than-You-Because-I'm-From-North-Cakalaky"
- "That Cool Kid"
- "Old Carolinus"
- "Totally Kosher"
- "North Carolina's Son"
- "The Fresh Prince"
- Entrance Music
- "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen (while in UPW and NWL)
- "Renegade" by Styx (while in SCW)
- "99 Problems" by Jay-Z
- He also used "ASAP" by T.I. in TXW for appearances
- "Stuntin'" by Joe Budden ft. Coke (current)
- Chandler Evers
- Amber Devilyn
- Heidi Donovan
- Wrestlers Managed by Branson
- Amber Devilyn
- Princess Kaylen
Championships and Accomplishments
- Ultimate Pro Wrestling
- UPW Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
- National Wrestling League
- NWL Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Southern Championship Wrestling
- SCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time; co-champion w/ Andrew Carter)
- Continental Wrestling Enterprise
- CWE Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- Voted the Online Sexiest Wrestler Alive (People Magazine.com; October 2007)
- Voted Most Popular Wrestler (in NWL; 2004)
Branson claims in interviews that his first (and so far only) long relationship was with former wrestler Heidi Donovan. The two had dated from 2001 until late 2003, where he had found her kissing another man in a parking lot. After rumors surfaced in the company that the two were in about this scene, officials wanted to make a storyline out of it, but it was Branson who refused to "air [his] dirty laundry on-screen." He simply ended entering the ring with Donovan and her stable, and announced on his former website that they had split.
Nick is a huge fan of Led Zeppelin. He always states that they are the best rock n roll band of all time.
As said in a couple of interviews, Branson is described as lactose intolerant. What is odd is that he can eat foods with dairy blended in them, but he can't physically digest milk or any dairy product by itself.
Nick is currently dating wrestler Dot Alvarez.