|Poor Mike Skills|
|Real name||Michael Clayton Skills|
|Date of birth||June 19, 1983|
|Place of birth||Meadows of Dan, VA|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Billed from||The Street|
Poor Mike Skills (born Michael Clayton Skills on June 19, 1983) is an American professional wrestler currently wrestling for the WNWA.
Mike Skills and his fraternal twin brother Poor Matt Skills debuted briefly in 2000 until Captain Redneck blew up the Nashville Auditorium where they were scheduled to wrestle that night at the WNWA BBQ & Barbed Wire PPV. The horror of the bombing left them mentally scarred for years. As a result, they lost their home, belongings, friends, and family. Matt and Mike Skills were forced to seek out a meager existence by eating food from dumpsters behind fast-food restaurants and for two years resided beneath the overpass of Wendover Ave and Elm St. in Greensboro, NC.
The Liberal Librarian re-awakened the wrestling bug in them as he urged them back into wrestling, though it's rumored the Liberal really wanted more wrestlers he could defeat in order to raise his status in the WNWA. And so in December 2006, they made their re-debut in the WNWA only to receive a savage beating by Captain Redneck.
Today, Poor Matt and Mike Skills live in the cargo section of the WNWA Greyhound Charter bus (which is where they also ride). In addition to wrestling, they're contracted to clean the sewage out of the buses following each trip. Nonetheless, they vowed to pursue their dream of titles and revenge against Captain Redneck.
The Skills brothers form a tag team known as The Vagrants. They are part of the stable Frustrated Inc. On March 30, 2007 The Vagrants scored a stunning upset victory over Triple K and Dale Taylor with an assist by The Turd to win the WNWA National Tag Team Championship. They lost the belts in a unification match to The Lummox at UnCivil War.
Personal Life and views
- Skills is one of the more talented scientific wrestlers today, however, his mic work is very poor. Despite his excellent wrestling ability, Mike is easily frustrated and enraged by his opponents and the fans who make fun of his inability to speak a complete sentence. This rage causes him to nearly always make a mistake and lose the big match.
- The Vagrants live with the Bell Brothers The Lummox and Francesca Fanuci at a home in east Braddock.
- The Skills brothers met The Liberal Librarian in Greensboro, NC while the Librarian was protesting in front of a church. They came up to him and panhandled and he struck up a friendship with them.
- The Skills brothers both use Merle Haggard's "Are the Good Times Really Over (I Wish a Buck Was Still Silver)" as their entrance music.
$10,500 + $50 per 'job' fee. They also receive a 30% discount on bus fares.
- One time WNWA National Tag Team Champion.
- "You know that you are half the man that I am and I have half the brain that you do!" (botched promo directed at Captain Redneck)
- "Captain Redneck, when you fice...face. Can we do that over? (to Ed Donaldson at a live event).
- "SHAT UP!!!!!" (yelling at fans who were berating him).
- Microphone Check (Elevated Texas cloverleaf)
- Double underhook powerbomb (often immediately transitioned to the Texas cloverleaf)
- Tiger driver
- Figure four leglock
- Second rope gutbuster
- Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker
- Spinning heel kick
- Leg lariat
- Tornado DDT
- Spinning headscissors
- Hilo (Slingshot senton)
- Splash Mountain (Sitout crucifix powerbomb)
- European uppercut
- Gory special