|"Coach" Truman Marlin|
|Real name||Truman Edward Marlin|
|Date of birth||June 1, 1937|
|Place of birth||Braddock, TX|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Resides||Happy Hill Gardens Federal Housing Project, Braddock, TX|
|Billed from||Braddock, TX|
Truman Marlin is a part-time wrestling manager with the WNWA. He is also a member of the Braddock County Public Library Board of Trustees, and enjoys making life unbearable for most of the staff there.
Marlin has been involved in amateur and professional wrestling for a long time. He originally wrestled as a young man in the Navy when he failed to make the boxing team. After the service, he came home to Braddock and started teaching wrestling and boxing to young boys, including Da Crunk using a local community center for classes and matches. These days he owns his own gym, Truman Marlin's World Famous Boys2Men Powerhouse Gym. Other WNWA wrestlers often rent this facility for training sessions.
Marlin has a long-standing reputation in the Braddock wrestling world. His newest students include Ms. Shitifa's sons and Big Pimpin' Ernest. Shamookey Sanders recently approached him for training to become a more effective wrestler.
He focuses on traditional style wrestling, but is not afraid of using a steel chair when necessary.
Personal Life and Views
- Is the founder of the Braddock Chapter of Big Brothas. Frequently mentors young African American boys, who refer to him as "Coach Marlin." Over the years he has personally paid to send 4 impoverished young men to community college.
- Is a keen amateur historian, focusing on revisionist history to uncover the true achievements of African Americans. Is friends with Yeti who frequently helps him with these projects.
- Is currently writing a book on Black Oil Barons of Texas. Makes frequent use of the Texas Collection, which makes Jabberjaw very nervous, as she secretly dislikes him but also seeks to impress him since he is a BCPL Board Member. Some say he has yet to discover any black oil barons from Texas, but Marlin will not let that stop him from writing his book. If necessary, he will just pick some interesting historical figures at random and change their race.
- Is convinced Lord Shaftsbury is actually a light-skinned black man passing himself off as white. Has reportedly offered to write a revisionist biography of Shaftsbury's life.
- Marlin is an odd combination of flaming liberal and stern conservative. He does not care for much of modern music, movies, or culture. He belongs to an extremely traditional AME Zion church, and does not hold with fly-by-night ministers peddling evangelism as a means to personal power. He believes wholeheartedly in conspiracy theories, but hates Europeans, Communists, Republicans, Big Business, Abortionists, and homosexuals. He does not hesitate to voice his views at the top of his lungs. He is a proud veteran and hates anti-war protestors, while believing wholeheartedly that the Iraq War is a racist attempt by Bush to kill off young minority men. He believes the Civil Rights movement is still being fought in every inch of America. He believes that JFK's assassin is still out there, alive and free.
- Has pursued several cases to victory in small claims court. Is an amateur attorney of sorts, and frequently threatens lawsuits on behalf of his boys if any business gives them trouble.
- Dislikes Curtis Lowe due to a mysterious feud that apparently goes way back. No one is sure why there is bad blood between these two, but things got a lot worse when Lowe self-ordained and started his own church.
- Marlin has been soundly defeated several times for the Ward 2 seat on the Braddock City Council-he attributes the crushing losses to government conspiracies and racism.
- Lives two doors down from Jabberjaw, and hates the shack she has built around her FEMA trailer. He thinks she is bringing neighborhood property values down, and doesn't care for the abundant Catholic statuary she has placed all over her yard either.
- Vehemently opposes alcohol, drugs, prostitution, and pornography, all of which he thinks undermine the culture of poor African Americans. Has repeatedly tried to get Antonio Davis to enter rehab.
- Marlin is a retired barber, having learned the trade while in the service.