The Universal Wrestling Federation (UWF) Extreme Championship is a wrestling championship in the UWF contested under specialty matches.
Among the specialty matches that the Extreme Title has been contested for are:
- Extreme Battle Royal: this decided the first Extreme Champion. The ropes were replaced with barb wire and the turnbuckles were mined. Elimination occured via pinfall, submission, or by being thrown over the top onto the floor. Streets Wilson won this event to become the first Extreme Champion.
- Elevated Platform Cage Match: a UWF specialty. A cage is constructed on a steel platform; weapons are littered throughout the cage. Once the participants are inside, the cage is locked and suspended fifteen feet into the air. Victory is achieved by pinfall, submission, or escaping the cage. Streets Wilson defeated "Hollywood" Rip Boulder to retain the title.
- Basement Blood Match: The first man to pass out from blood loss loses. There are no pinfalls, submissions, countouts or disqualifications. Streets Wilson defeated Renegade to retain the title.
- Ambulance Match: Anything goes. The only way to win is to throw your opponent inside the ambulance and shut the door. Streets Wilson defeated "Bodacious" Brandon to retain the title.
- Texas Death Match: There are no disqualifications, no count-outs. The object is to score a pinfall and submission victory over the opponent by any means necessary...after one wrestler scores the decision, the referee begins a ten count. If the defeated wrestler is unable to answer the ten count, he loses the match. Mark Fletcher defeated Streets Wilson to capture the title.
- Japanese Barb Wire Match: The ring ropes are replaced with barb wire, but there are also boards covered in barb wire inside the ring. The boards have a small charge on them which explode on contact. As always, the winner is by pinfall or submission. Mark Fletcher defeated Strangler to retain.
- Extreme Submission Match: Anything goes; victory can only be achieved by submission. Strangler defeated Mark Fletcher to capture the title.
It should be noted that the Extreme Title can be defended in any type of match.
|Record:||Record holder:||Record number:||Notes:|
|Most reigns||Streets Wilson, Mark Fletcher, Strangler||1||All three of these men have held the Extreme Title once.|
|Longest reign||Streets Wilson||99 days||Won the Extreme Battle Royal on the first Wednesday Night War to become the first Extreme Champion. Held it until Season's Beatings on New Year's Eve '06.|
|Shortest reign||Strangler||15 days||Strangler won the title from Mark Fletcher in an Extreme Submission Match and held on to it until the UWF closed its doors on February 11, 2007.|
|Heaviest champion||Strangler||c. 270 lbs (123 kg)||Won the title on Sunday Night Heat Wave.|
|Lightest champion||Streets Wilson, Mark Fletcher||c. 260 lbs (118 kg)||Streets won on Heat Wave; Fletcher won at Season's Beatings.|